The most important achievements in the Royal Jordanian Geographical Center
The Royal Jordanian Geographical Center is proud and proud of its contribution to advancing the development of our dear homeland, especially through the implementation of a number of important national projects and its activities, And carrying out many activities with positive, material, moral and economic impact on both the homeland and the citizen. These activities, projects and activities include:
1. Implementation of the buildings of the Regional Center for Space Science and Technology Education for the West Asian States of the United Nations.
2. Establishment and hosting of a joint Master’s program with Mu’tah University in the field of GIS and remote sensing.
3. Establishment of the Faculty of Geographical Center for Surveying Sciences and graduation of the first group for this academic year.
4. Hosting the headquarters of the Arab Division of Geographical Names Experts and joining the Council of Arab Economic Unity / League of Arab States.
5. Establishment of the Arab Division for the Management of Geospatial Information (UNGGIM)
6. Membership of the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS).
7. Hosting the headquarters of the Regional Office for the Development of Astronomy in the Arab Region (ROAD) of the International Astronomical Union.
8. Provide full cover for the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan from the modern aerial photographs 2015/2016, and the introduction of radar imaging technology in the Kingdom for the first time, and use in studying the plans for the establishment of the Jordanian nuclear reactor.
9. Convert all maps used by the Jordanian Armed Forces / Arab Army from the AUS system to the UTM system.
10. Election of Jordan, represented by the Royal Geographical Center, as Vice-Chairman of the Arab Committee of the United Nations Experts on the Management of Global Geospatial Information (UN-GGIM: Arab States).
11. The creation of the National Geospatial Information Portal (SDI-JORDAN), which enables the production and exchange of geographic, and geospatial data and information among various national institutions in the public and private sectors.
12. Membership of the Royal Geographical Center for a number of relevant international links such as the International Association of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), UNCOPUOS, UNGGIM, UNGEGN, ITU International Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG) and others.
13. The staff of the geographical center received the award of the ideal civil servant in the Kingdom for several years, which depends on creative standards and practical achievements.
14. The Royal Geographical Center won the Best Human Resources Unit Award for 2014 at the level of the civil service in the Kingdom.
15. Implementation of the first and second phase of the solar power project (250 kW).
16. Updated the network of the geographical center using fiber optics.
17. Acquisition of modern equipment, software and equipment to keep abreast of the development of surveying sciences.
18. Application of the electronic accounting system (GIFMIS).
19. The Center received the award for promotion of occupational safety and health of establishments from the Social Security Institution.
20. Adoption of the unified Arab Romanization system by the United Nations geographical names experts in New York.
21. Election of Jordan as a full member of the International Astronomical Union.
The most important projects achieved in the Royal Jordanian Geographical Center
1- The project of updating the topographical maps of the Kingdom of scale of 1/50000, with 76 maps out of 171 maps.
2- Project of lifting the survey of Martyr Muwafaq al-Salti air base.
3- The project of updating the topographic maps of the scale 1/25000, 220 west of the railway.
4- Construction three-dimensional layers of building, for the entire city of Amman and Zarqa.
5- Provide Amman Municipality with a modified satellite space image for the city of Amman with an area of 802 km2 and a precision of 30 cm.
6- Amman GIS Modernization Project Phase I and the start of the second phase with an area of 273 km 2.
7- Updating the database of the centers of the Supreme Council for Disabled Affairs.
8- Producing and updating maps of governorates in Arabic and English.
9- Production of Land Cover for the Kingdom by scale 1/15000.
10- Project Schemes for King Hussein International Airport / Aqaba.
11- Monitor and install GPS points for the location of the nuclear reactor.
12- Supervising the implementation of the project of monitoring the salt navigation, which includes digital aerial photography and field survey, and survey of all areas of concession of the Arab Potash Company.
13- Building a database for the Jordanian Enterprise Development Corporation (JEDCO) and identifying the location of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and various sectorial groupings (JEDCO).
14- Ortho Digital Photo for Khalidiya Municipality 20 Plates.
15- Monitoring GCP score points 15 points for the Atomic Energy Commission.
16- Digital maps of Jordan and neighboring countries, especially for military aircraft for the Royal Air Force.
17- Provide the Ministry of Transport with data and navigational maps required for the project of tracking government vehicles and follow-up receipt of the project by representatives of the geographical center.
18- Checking aerial photos of the navigational area for the Potash Company.
19- Provide the Ministry of Public Works with digitized data, maps and aerial photographs.
20- Provide the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology coordinates of ministries and government institutions in the Kingdom of Jordan.