Establishing a Centre according to this law called the (National Jordanian Geographic Centre) and shall have legal personality and shall enjoy the rights stipulated in this Law. The following functions and duties are the responsibilities of RJGC and no other Agencies can exercise these duties:
1. Establishing and maintaining geodetic networks up to 3rd order, the Department of Land and Survey shall be entrusted the 4th order of the networks and below for the purposes of making cadastral maps.
2. Providing the necessary information to the Department of Land and Survey to assist it in the preparation of cadastral maps.
3. Producing topographic maps of various scales for defense and development requirements.
4. Making specialized maps for all Ministries, Governmental Departments and Institutions.
5. Perpetuating and reviewing the various maps.
6. Providing Ministries, Departments and Institutions with surveying information needed to carry out their own projects.
7. Conducting Aerial Photography in scales required for all Ministries, Departments and Governmental Institutions.
8. Providing advice to ministries and institutions regarding the training of technicians, supplying and utilization of machinery, equipments related to surveying and producing maps.
9. Developing survey sciences for the purposes of producing maps.
10. Establishing maps library for all the geographical information needed by official Agencies.
11. Training of sufficient numbers of technicians to meet the needs of the RJGC, Ministries, Departments, private and public sectors.
12. Maintaining the information security.