The Royal Jordanian Geographic Center has been assigned many tasks and duties within the strategic visions and values of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, which can be summarized in the following:
- Establish the national geodesic network and its maintenance.
- Carry out all the aerial photography tasks for whoever needs them.
- Produce a modified and qualified topographic map for whoever needs.
- Innovative and produce a modified air images (Orthophoto).
- Employ the remote sensing techniques to update maps, and for classification of land use
- Identify, match and maintain the Kingdom’s international boundary points.
- Develop and train technicians from Jordan and the globe